Funding opportunities and grants
To complement our university budgets, it is increasingly important to rely on external resources, such as grants, awards, contracts and such. Unfortunately, this demand exceeds the supply by far, but the fact remains that with good research, a solid (peer) review and a precise (formal) implementation, an application will have good opportunities.
- Funding for students
Commercialization of the quality research taking place in Leiden is a key priority of both Leiden University and Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC). Not only is the research activity itself strengthened, but also the output can be effectively utilized by society for economic and clinical benefit. The role of LURIS is to facilitate this process for the University and LUMC.
Exploitation of intellectual property:
• Evaluation and protection of Intellectual Property (IP)
• Identification of licensees
• Negotiation of license agreements
• Establishing spin-out companies
• Assistance in identifying major funding opportunities
• Contract negotiation
• Facilitating access to academic expertise and university facilities for commercial organizations